Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Migrating Painted Lady Butterflies

Painted Lady Butterfly on Yellow Cone-flower
At least a dozen Painted Lady Butterflies feeding
I was thrilled to be blessed with a visit from dozens of these sweet little butterflies as they passed though last week.
Painted Ladies seem downright social

Yellow Cone-flowers provide endless joy to these tiny butterflies
Intent on feeding


Each day I watch them go, as they leave to make their awesome trek to Mexico along with the Monarchs.


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE macro photography, so these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andi

      Thanks so much for he compliment -- it means a lot:)

      Would you believe these aren't technically macro. I used my zoom lens (70 - 300mm) to get in as close as possible without startling them. I zoom out as far as possible then move in as close as the lens will focus.

      Delete
  2. Wow - your photographs are stunning! Thanks so much for sharing them on the Tuesday Archive Link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie thanks so much :) I was so fortunate that these sweeties chose my garden to hang out in.

      I'll be doing a post with tips on doing macro photos soon so stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful... you should send them into a magazine and have them published... I have never seem such amazing ones ever... stopping over from 40over blog hop. hope you will take the time and come look at my blog
    Marianne
    www.bondedwithlove.blogspot.com
    www.bondedwithlove.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much -- I wouldn't know where to start to get published -- guess I hope someone will discover me -- Ha
      I followed your blog:)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for commenting!
Please check out Canvas Prints of my images on Fine Arts America.

My Ottawa, Canada's Capital

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...